|General Manager||Office Manager|
|Ben Harrison||Bill Hershberger|
|Harwood Drake||Jim Turner|
The Cullman Regional Airport is a joint venture between the City and County of Cullman, Alabama. Beginning in the mid to late 1950’s land was purchased to build a runway. The land was purchased from the Thompson, Drake, and Thornton families. Then Governor Jim (Big Jim) Folsom, a Cullman Native was very much a supporter of the project. The Field was named in his honor as Folsom Field.
The first strip was dirt in an East/West direction and 2800 feet long. It was paved a short time later. You can still see the remnant of the old strip on the south end when flying over the field. A few years later the North/South runway was constructed. It was 4500 feet and paved.
The current board members are as follows:
- Mayor Max Townson
City of Cullman
- Chairman Kenneth Walker
Cullman County Commission
- Dr. Vince Karolewics
- Ms. Tanya Carter
- Dr. Ben Gomez
In November 1956, the City and County adopted a resolution to form and Airport Board. The Board consists of five members. Each member serves a four year term that runs concurrently with the Mayor of the City and the Chairman of the County Commission. The Mayor appoints one person from the City and the Chairman appoints a person from the County. Together those four individuals elect a fifth person.
Beginning in the 1970’s the Federal Aviation Administration made funds available for improvements to the runway and capital investments. Since that time there have been many grants with matching funds from the city and county.
The current north/south runway is 5500 feet long, 100 feet wide and lighted. It is accompanied by a full length lighted taxiway, fifty-six T-hangars, ten corporate hangers, helicopter hangers, a terminal building with full service restaurant. The airport has precision approach path indicators, an automatic weather observation station, and a ground communications outlet.